Molds grow in moist or damp places where the humidity levels are high. High humidity means a lot of moisture in air, which is where mold is most likely to grow. The places in your home where mold is expected to be found are bathrooms, kitchens or basements. If you haven’t found mold in your bathroom, then you might not be noticing it because it mostly grows in corners. You will never want mold to grow in your home because from a small spot it becomes a hazard affecting you and your family’s health. So, it is necessary to take precautions to avoid mold and remove it if it has grown anywhere in your home.
For starters, you should use dehumidifiers to prevent the growth of mold in your home. A dehumidifier works on the principle of extracting water from air, which is how they reduce the humidity level. They are also inexpensive, so make sure to read a few reviews of different dehumidification methods and buy one if you can.
However, this article is focused on removing mold from your bathroom, so here are some of the best ways to accomplish this task.
Vinegar has a light acidity, which makes it a good cleaning product. It also works great when it comes to removing mold. So, take some light acidic vinegar and transfer it to a spray bottle but make sure that the spray bottle is completely dry because you don’t want to mix vinegar with water. It will lose its strength if water is added to it. Spray the vinegar wherever you find mold and let it be there for an hour. Then clean the area with hot water and the mold will be gone. Now, dry that area with a towel.
Ammonia also works well for removing mold. It comes in different types but for removing mold, make sure that you only use “clear ammonia”. Put some clear ammonia in a spray bottle and then spray it at the area where mold has grown. Now rub that area with a brush so that the mold is completely gone. Leave that area for one to two hours and then clean it with a towel.
Mix one part of bleach to three parts of water and transfer the mixture to a spray bottle. Now, spray it at where you find mold and then rinse it off with a brush until the mold is removed.
Note: Never try to mix ammonia and bleach together as they will go through a chemical reaction and release poisonous fumes, which are really harmful to your health.